DocBeast Dr. William Borde-Perry
DocBeast is a real ER doctor, a fellow CrossFit workout buddy, coach, and more! You have to ask yourself, why you want the things you do. When you do this, you can focus on what matters and start making steps towards that. To get you there quicker you also have to focus on You. Focusing on you is not being selfish. It will allow you to take twelve steps forward to achieving your Why. That is what this episodes co-host did. From being an unhealthy Doctor, Dr. William Borde-Perry transformed himself by focusing on him. After getting fit, it gave Will a new purpose in life, and it felt like he had been given superpowers. He became DocBeast, a brand that represents him perfectly. He is fitness certified by Insanity, CrossFit, with experience in Olympic Lifting, Mobility, Strongman; all while working at three different hospitals and being a loyal family man. The list of knowledge and credentials DocBeast has is endless. All of this is possible by focusing on himself to solidify his Why. The advice here is, always be a student in life and start to make a change in your life today
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [01:52] The DocBeast brand was born in 2011. In 2009 Dr. William started his journey with Beachbody – Insanity Workouts. He was 270 lbs, he was out of breath all the time and he needed to lose weight. After he lost 50 lbs and got fit it felt like he had superpowers. People would refer to him as “Beast” and he was a Doctor so after different iterations “DocBeast” stuck.
- [02:54] Growing up Dr. William done some weight work but not as focused as he has been since he began CrossFit and BeachBody. After improving his diet with protein and vegetables, he began to realize how much he could lift. Fitness has opened up the whole world to him, its transformed him physically and who he is.
- [03:54] Growing up, his Mom would not let his sister and him play sports. He was born and raised in Newark New Jersey part of a single parent house hold. Dr. Williams Mom wanted them to focus on academics. When he wasn’t studying he would sneak mini work outs in his room.
- [04:39] Without fitness, he felt he became very sluggish but with it he felt energized, it brought friends and an education. He utilized a lot of his education in the medical field, he used a lot of his education in the Molecular Biology to educate himself further. As he got older he moved from using fitness as something that makes him look and feel good to helping others achieve that.
[06:04] Dr. William has found that when it comes to people who don’t exercise or choose not to have educated themselves in nutrition, they are more depressed and less motivated.
- [08:22] The importance of Self development and focusing on your ‘Why’.
- [11:00] Putting our best self into our ‘Why’. If you don’t put yourself first there will nothing of you later on. If you just sacrifice just 30 minutes per day to exercise and focus on your nutrition you can actually give back more to your ‘Why’. It is an investment into yourself. You are going to take one step back to give yourself some time and focus so you can take twelve steps forwards.
- [12:31] Putting your best self forward. DocBeast is not a self made man, its all the influences and mentors around him that have got him to this point.
- [15:17] What is the legacy you are leaving behind or the legacy you are building to leave behind.
- [16:17 ] Dr. William works with three different hospitals. Reason for this is each brings their own experiences. Each experience gives Dr. William different ways to approach and learn new things.
- [19:27] Finding communities, support and self development.
- [20:42] Isogenix and BeachBody and building side income.
- [24:30] Lifestyle. Being and unhealthy Doctor. It took Dr. William over a year to get into shape. His diet has gone from drinking milkshakes to whole clean foods, drinking nutrition shakes and lots of vegetables and lean meats. How inflammation is tied to disease.
- [29:42] How the nutrition shakes are processed, in a good way.
- [32:35] Choose to focus on nutrition, Take 2 minutes to read the labels of the products you are going to consume. You don’t need to know everything. They don’t teach nutrition to Doctors in medical school.
- [35:49] The truth about Cholesterol
- [37:17] Stick to the perimeters in supermarkets. Look for whole fresh foods. The aisle are full of stuff with expiration dates that are lasting longer than most foods because they have been preserved. When you have a lifestyle that is taking in natural foods like vegetables and lean meats, you will be getting the essential vitamins that your body needs to work with the enzymes that help function you body, a lot of most people complaints will go away.
- [42:10] Nutrient Density. When you starts giving the body what it is missing, it responds exponentially better.
- [44:25] A Cheat meal means one meal per week not a whole cheat day.
- [47:20] Live Fit as Health, DocBeasts event on January 14th 2017, in Allentown
- [49:58 ] Final Words
Links and Resources
- Live Fit As Health event on Facebook
- DocBeast Fitness on Facebook
- William Borde-Perry MD -Your Certified Beachbody Fitness Coach and Certified Level I Crossfit Trainer/Coach
- DocBeast on Instagram
- DocBeast on Twitter
You will learn a lot in life if you read and learn. Always be a student of life. If you want a better body, if you want to start a business, if you want to be a better parent, just read, listen to podcasts, watch YouTube videos, whatever you want to achieve what someone else has done it. All you have to do is read, study and apply discipline.
- Thank you for listening, please take a few minutes to Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Follow us on all of social media @LIVETHEFUEL – “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel