Girl Power and Body Buddies
We all need to be accountable for, what we fuel our bodies with and who we surround ourselves with. On this episode we ask the question, are you a pigeon or an eagle? By surrounding yourself with other Eagles, you can begin to start powering up your life. Today’s co-host is a Nutrition Strategist, Athletic Trainer, Author, Speaker, Podcast Host, Blogger, and Mindset Expert. Here to power, your life is Kristy Jo Hunt of Body-Buddies.com.
Kristy Jo was the type of kid that didn’t get to do a lot of the things she wanted to do because finances were tight. When she was twelve, Kristy Jo attended a free dance workshop and instantly fell in love with it. The dance instructor wrote to her mom and offered her a scholarship to ensure her newly discovered talents would not go unanswered and undeveloped. This is just one of many great stories that comes out in this episode. Read on and listen in!
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [02:08] Angel’s Landing Hike in Utah
- [06:37] How many people are afraid to put miles on their bodies?
- [07:58] Kristy Jo’s father was a high school football and basketball coach. She has six siblings and growing up they would play basketball in the driveway. Her Dad would teach her how to shoot baskets and throw a football.
[13:08] At college, Kristy Jo was introduced to artistic dancing. She was tutored under Dr. Li Lei one of only two Chinese women to hold a doctorate in Dance in the United States.
[14:20] Her older brother was the amendment that she learns how to push herself in the weight-room.
[15:52] PTSD and legacy. The power and influence we have over other peoples lives. So often we walk around thinking what we do does not matter, but if you could hear the stories perhaps those you can influence, how would your perception of yourself change?
[17:01] Challenging ourselves
[18:46] Kristy Jo’s first physique competition and body image
[23:40] Fat storage, nutrition and the long game
[29:24] The fear and lack of education. You cannot over eat on vegetables
[32:48] #NSNG, The Grain Brain and Big picture thinking
[34:35] You cannot walk around ripped everyday. You have inflammatory days, water retention days and it is not healthy. Unhealthy body images.
[36:46] Everyone’s training program is unique to them.
[41:33] Kristy Jo’s new book release date. A transformation story
[44:03] Reason for building the coaching packages and reasons for getting a coach. Are you a pigeon or an eagle. Look out for those eagles that can help you become one.
[49:01] Faith. Kristy Jo lived in South Korea for two years.
[50:23] Snapchat. @k-dizzle4rizzle. People go to Facebook and Instagram and just scroll through feeds, but on Snapchat they are going there to have a one-on-one connection
[53:52] Making sense of nutrition and challenging the status quo. It’s OK to think bigger
- [56:32] Accountability. When it comes to health and wellness we all need to be self-taught
- [56:32] When it comes to health and wellness we all need to be self-taught
- [58:06] You cannot force the horse to drink the water. You can only bring the horse to the water. It starts with you. Accountability
- [01:04:14] Final Words
Body-Buddies Links and Resources
- Power Foods Lifestyle — Nutrition by Body Buddies
- Fat Loss Workout App — Fitness
- Power Your Life Today — Mindset
- Kristy Jo on Snapchat: @k-dizzle4rizzle
- Coach Kristy Jo on Twitter @bodbuds
- Body Buddies on Facebook @bodbuds
- Body Buddies on Youtube
- Body Buddies Podcast
- The Grain Brain
When you power your body, you position yourself to power your life and to become a person of more value, love, and service. That is what this world needs. You have unique gifts and skills to contribute to this world but starting on the cellular level of your body, is where you need to begin. So power your body in order to power your life.
- Thank you for listening, please take a few minutes to Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Follow us on all of social media @LIVETHEFUEL – “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel