CoreFit teaches us patience:
I love to go out and meet with my co-host’s live and in person. Today I am at a local chiropractor office here in Allentown, Pennsylvania. We are meeting with a newly independent entrepreneur and chiropractor here in 2016. A husband of an old friend of mine as well, it’s a small world. Today lets welcome Dr. Mark Walter of CoreFit Chiropractic to the LIVETHEFUEL Show.
This episode with Dr. Mark is about reprogramming you. We all look for the quick and easy solutions. A pill won’t solve everything.
On This Episode You Will Hear:
- [1:48] Where Mark is now and his background journey to getting there
- [5:24] Hotshots and Smoke Jumper Firefighters
- [8:51] Dislocating a rib – Transverse Process
- [12:40] Including Chiropractic as a pain management method and moving away from the “Alternative” stigma the field had been labeled in
- [16:44 ] Addiction – “If you are a hammer, all you are going to see is nails”
- [18:26] You are what you eat
- [20:47] With standard MD education you would be lucky to receive two hours of education on nutrition. We have been marketed to, that you will find the answer to everything through a pill.
- [23:23] DC – Doctor of Chiropractic, DO – Doctor of Osteopathic
- [26:26] We all look for a quick easy solution. We have to look whats going on dietary, one of the biggest problems we have is to do with inflammation.
- [29:05] Inflammation is like a fire going on inside of your body. How healthy are you to put that fire out?
- [30:10] What an adjustment is vs a mobilization is
- [32:24] The Balance Equation
- [34:06] Saying “I want to Quit Something” or “Lose Something”, is setting you up for immediate failure. This creates a physiological reaction and a feeling of loss. Use words like, “Replace” and “Get rid of”.
- [38:51] People just don’t realize how unbalanced they really are
- [41:23] It’s a lifestyle and a journey not a destination
- [46:10] Listen to you body, know what your strengths and weaknesses are and know when to cut back. A lot of people don’t do enough mobility work, stretching etc
- [48:05] Neuromuscular control, swimming and gymnastics – Reprogramming your software
- [52:31] Final Words
Links and Resources for CoreFit
Paradigm patience. First off the paradigm needs to be shifted, then have patience with it. People want that instantaneous fix. Nothing is instantaneous.
- Thank you for listening, please take a few minutes to Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK community on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Follow us on all of social media @LIVETHEFUEL – “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life” everyone! #livethefuel