The InstaGuy Grows Your Instagram:
Today’s co-host, he is a fellow Podcaster, a blogger, a former competitive bodybuilder and his last corporate gig was in the mechanical engineering field. Most recently he has launched his new brand, “The InstaGuy.co” He helps entrepreneurs and business owners grow their following and brand on the social platform Instagram.
Tony doesn’t just talk about Instagram on this episode. We dive into his Vietnamese background, how important education is to an immigrant family and how Tony went from a scrawny 110lb High School Graduate to putting on 45lb’s in a year to enter the world of competitive bodybuilding.
On this Instaguy episode you will hear:
- [2:15] Mastermind groups and the Fire and Adjust Podcast
- [6:05] He went into the mastermind with a brand in mind, which was really broad and not niched down enough. The health and fitness market was very over saturated. After niching down Tony’s first brand he created within Sololab was The Fit Asian Man.
- [8:10] The Diet and nutrition part of bodybuilding strained his willpower more than the training
- [9:19 ] The Ab’s are not made in the gym, they are made in the kitchen
- [11:06] When he graduated High School in 2006, he was really scrawny, weighed 110lb full clothed and was 5 ft 8″. When he started college thats when he started working out. Tony’s first interest in bodybuilding peaked in 2010.
- [12:17] Meal Prep
- [13:27] Packed on 40+lb’s. It took a year to do. It was a commitment, this was not a short term goal, this a long term goal. People always focus on the short game with that bad four letter word, DIET.
- [16:00] The Tupperware Lifestyle
- [17:53] Translating bodybuilding to business, Solopreneurship and connecting the dots to his new brand
- [20:04] Getting the reps in. Bringing in anchor clients to help them out and get testimonials from them
- [20:45] Case study: Tony is growing Michael O’Neal’s @Solohour Instagram account. When he started he was at 3000-4000 followers. Now he is at 13.1+k Followers.
- [21:45] Case study 2: Miriam from More Than Organized, had around 1000 followers and is now around 4,500. She is now getting a lot of traffic to her site from Instagram
- [23:44] Mistakes when building your Instagram accounts and your brand
- [27:14] Having a great mix of personal and business posts will really help you build a good following on Instagram
- [32:29] Feeling bottlenecked and second generation immigrant
- [37:39] Old school mentalities
- [42:05] Geared to be a good employee
- [47:21] Why immigrant families focus on education
- [48:43] Document your processes so you’re ready to outsource. A lot of Entrepreneurs are afraid to let go. Time-Value-Money
- [52:05] Leaving his engineer gig to become The InstaGuy.co
- [54:03] What Tony is doing right now to keep a balanced lifestyle
- [56:00] Final Words
Links and Resources
- The InstaGuy on Instagram
- Tony’s First Brand – The Fit Asian Man
- Solohour’s Instagram Account
- More Than Organized Instagram Account
Nothing is forever. Nothing is permanent. If you make a job or career choice now, it doesn’t have to be the rest of your life. There are options out there. It’s not about what you are doing today its about what you want to do tomorrow and the choices you are making along the way.
You have the freedom to make a choice.
- Thank you for listening, please take a few minutes to Submit an iTunes Show Rating & Review, we love 5 Stars!
- Join THE FUEL TANK on Facebook! – “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Quote by Jim Rohn
- Follow us on all of social media @LIVETHEFUEL – “Keep Living The Fired Up Epic Life everyone!” #livethefuel